On-The-Job Training (OJT) is offered to employers under the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA). Under this program, an employer hires a WIA eligible applicant and is reimbursed up to 50% of the employee's wages while in training.
- Employer completes an OJT job request form or a detailed job description
- SASSFA Employment/Training Specialist (ETS) and employer jointly develop a recruitment plan and training curriculum
- Employer interviews applicants and selects a candidate
- Employer, the applicant, and the ETS jointly develop a training plan
- The OJT agreement is executed and the applicant is scheduled for work
If your company may be interested in On-the-Job Training, call us at (562) 633-9511 ext. 239 or send us a message.