Some Extra Help
Are you having trouble finding work?
The WIA program provides specialized service for those who qualify. The service includes individual help with your job search, learning about the labor market and the skills needed to be competitive in today's job market.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you are age 18 or over and fall into one of the following two groups: Low Income or Laid Off
How to Apply
Services are provided at no charge to qualified individuals. Please contact us at (562) 946-2237 ext. 221 for more information and to make an appointment with our eligibilty specialist to see if you qualify. You can also send us a message.
What to Bring with You
Make sure you bring all documents to your eligibility appointment. This includes the following:
- Driver's License or Photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Income from the last 6 months
- Proof of Legal Right to Work in the United States (Green Card, Work VISA, etc)
- Males born after 1960 must be registered or willing to register with Selective Service. You can register and obtain a printout at www.sss.gov.
- Any other pertinent documents relating to your status as Low Income or Laid Off (e.g. pay stubs, layoff letter, unemployment insurance award letter, family birth certificates or social security cards to show family size, etc.)