How to Apply
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you are:
- Between the ages of 17 and 21
- Reside in one of the following cities: Santa Fe Springs, Pico Rivera, Whittier, La Mirada, or Paramount
- You come from a low income family. This is based on your income from the last six months and family size. If you are a GR (General Relief), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), or Food Stamp recipient, you may be eligible.
*Requirements are subject to change.
How to Apply
Services are provided at no charge to qualified individuals. The first step is to attend an orienation. Please contact us at (562) 946-2237 Ext. 275 to find out our next orientation dates or for more information. You can also send us a message.
What to Bring with You
Once you have attended an orientation, you can make an appointment with our eligibility specialist. Make sure you bring all documents to this appointment. This includes the following:
- Driver's License or Photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Income from the last 6 months
- Proof of Citizenshp (birth certificate, passport, etc)
- Proof of Legal Right to Work in the United States (Green Card, Work VISA, etc)
- Males born after 1960 must be registered or willing to register with Selective Service. You can register and obtain a printout at www.sss.gov.
- Any other pertinent documents relating to your status as low income (e.g. pay stubs, unemployment insurance award letter, family birth certificates or social security cards to show family size, etc.)